Monday, June 4, 2012

adoption is {not} plan b

the process of even get to the point of knowing we'll be adopting has been exhausting. it was a road filled with tears, hormonal mood swings, and disappointments. i had known for a long time that having my own children was unlikely, so i've been open to adopt for quite some time-- knowing that was probably the only way that i would ever have my own children. chris had not. once he met me (and fell head over heels for my beautiful self), he was also on board with adoption.

then we had a meeting with one of my doctors who told me, of course i could get pregnant! of course i could have a baby! other patients of his had TWO babies!

so, we tried.
we tried.
we.
tried.

we know all things are possible through god, but we are also aware that his plan for our life may have been adoption all along. that he had put it in my heart that i was to adopt from a very early age to remove that control from me, to make it easy for me to accept when the time came for me to face this truth.

and the TRUTH? it was easy to face that truth. it was open and honest and freeing.

we.
are.
adopting.

god's plan-- the very best plan, if you ask me-- is for adoption. from before he formed the earth, he spoke of adoption.
...even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. in love, he predestined us for adoption as sons through jesus christ, according to the purpose of his will...
ephesians 1:4-5

adoption may be our sequentially second choice, but it is not our second option. it is not our plan b. after all, how could it be my plan b, if it's so perfect in god's eyes?

4 comments:

  1. I love this so much, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. YOU are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words! Praying for you and your husband.

    I'm a friend of LeLe's. My husband and I recently adopted a baby girl, and it's amazing. If you have any questions or want to talk to someone that has walked the adoption journey, please let me know.

    Stephanie
    sdridgell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete