Tuesday, December 27, 2011

la mar (the ocean)

a friend had a dream recently that i was on vacation.
at the beach.
eating potatoes.
i do love me some potatoes.
fries.
mashed.
roasted.

but the beach?
i'm kind of a "take it or leave it" girl.
i don't like my body
so, bathing suits?
ew.
but i like my toes in the sand.
i like the sound of the waves.
i love the orange in the sunset
and the pink of the sunrise.

we're talking in my group of friends of taking a vacation to the beach sometime next year. that we'll rent a house together and all live like beach bums for a week. that we'll have time to tan, read on the dock, snorkel. i did love snorkeling in belize. the fish in the reefs are amazing. colors and combinations you can't even imagine. the feeling of weightlessness is magical. the warm salt water holding your body afloat while you gaze at angel fish, octopus, cuttlefish.

so maybe i do like the ocean.

title taken from a song by the beautiful girls.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, the beach is pretty much as close to heaven on earth as I can find. I'd live there if I could. No one cares what you look like in a swim suit. Everyone has their issues with that. I push it out of my head and enjoy God's creation. Listening to the sound of the tide, knowing He holds it back and only lets it come up so far. The sound of the surf is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete