Friday, September 9, 2011

grab a coffee and study with me

Proverbs 31:10-11

P31:10: "An excellent wife who can find? She is more precious than jewels."

first of all, no one finds their wife. at least not when the couple listens to God. I don't believe that it was by luck that husband and i are together, but only by the grace of God.

"more precious than jewels"
godly women are valuable. they will raise godly children and serve a godly husband. i know husband finds me valuable, but is it for the right reasons? is it because i make his lunch, or because i am a good wife and make his lunch willingly and bless it in the mornings?

P31:11: "The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain."

a godly woman is trusted by her husband to run the household, to make daily decisions. he doesn't have to check over her shoulders to make sure things are going as planned. he has his items to worry about, and it is her job to take care of the "other things".

i think i have this one pretty well. husband and i have a very open line of communication, so there's never a feeling that i'm holding something from him. he trusts me. he trusts me to run our finances, pay bills on time, have food on the table, and provide a comfortable environment in our house.

he trusts me to be honest in all that we talk about, including my stress level lately. maybe he trusts me too much for this. he trusts me to tell him where i need help (grading papers? making dinner?), and i often go about it myself, telling him "i'm fine, i've got it covered". he wants to help, i know he does. but i've got this weird idea that if i don't do it all, i'm failing. if i'm not doing homework and working and teaching and making dinner and cleaning and doing laundry and decorating for holidays, that i'm failing as a wife. but it shouldn't be about any of that. it should be about me trusting in my husband also, that he's able to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment